MLP M/M Role Players
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic' related role playing forum that specifies in role playing as gay male characters. Come take a look!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

Ginger's Bookshelf

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ginger Pony
Admin
Ginger Pony

Ginger's Bookshelf Empty
PostSubject: Ginger's Bookshelf   Ginger's Bookshelf EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 3:12 pm

So I've got back into a bit of reading, and I thought I might as well share with you guys some of the better books I've read over the years, mainstream and not!

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Or Men Who Hate Women) By Stieg Larsson

A story about a reporter, a hacker, and an elderly business man determined to solve the unanswered mystery of a young girl's disapearence almost thirty years ago. A family affair and a lone island, it's not long before the truth is uncovered, and their own lives at risk. WARNING; contains depicion of sex, sexual abuse, and animal tourture. Not for the faint of hearted!

Harry Potter By J.K.Rowling

A world-wide cinema phenonomen, Harry Potter has become one of the biggest selling franchises to date. You've seen the movies, now realise every hidden detail in the wonderful Potterverse. Contains scenes of mild violence

The Deamonata Saga By Darren Shan

A young boy's life ripped apart. Parents. Dead. Sister. Dead. And with a deamon master bent on taking his life, Grubbs Grady has a rude awakening. WARNING contains scenes of gore.

H.I.V.E. Series By Mark Walden

The Higher Institute of Vilinous Education seems like something of a B-rated spy movie. A hidden school in an active volcano, and near-mutant teenagers with state of the art technology to be trained as the next generation of villians. The only rule? You can't leave. Follow Otto Malpanse as his life takes one twist after another, as he tries to leave a volcano fortress.

Leave More suggestions down below!
Jadeile
Admin
Jadeile

Ginger's Bookshelf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginger's Bookshelf   Ginger's Bookshelf EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 3:57 pm

Abarat by Clive Barker

A fantasy series that isn't exactly your typical wizards and dragons. It's a highly creative world of it's own. And by that I mean that it's a damn well thought out freaking realm of awesome topped with pictures of actual paintings of the world and the characters made by the author himself.
The main character is a teen girl named Candy Quackenbush who is kinda swept away by a bunch of semi-friendly weirdos into this weird yet highly fascinating place that is full of marvel but also freaking dangerous. And let me tell you, there's a villain named Christopher Carrion who is damn gross looking and creepy but man if he isn't the best character in the series! There's three books out and two more to come. WARNING contains lots of nightmare fuel.

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

You know that anime movie by Studio Ghibli? It's based off this book. And holy crap if the book isn't awesome! Not to mention very different from the movie. And it doesn't make either of them bad, just different stories from the same source.
We have Sophie Hatter, a woman who works in a hat shop and thinks she's worth nothing and will never accomplish anything. And then it gets worse when a witch curses her so that she becomes an old geezer and even worse when she decides to stick around the asshole wizard Howl for the sake of getting de-cursed. But damn if it isn't entertaining to read about her struggles.

The City & The City by China Miéville

A fantasy/detective story! Inspector Tyador Borlú of Besźel gets tasked with identifying a dead hooker, but as it turns out she wasn't a hooker and the case takes him to Ul Qoma, the twin city that no-one is allowed to acknowledge even though the streets are actually shared and you can technically see the buildings and citizen of the other city every day. But you're not allowed to see them so you un-see them on a daily basis and same goes with the other city. Turns out the dead girl was in some deep shit that makes Borlú's life very complicated for many reasons and now he can't exactly get out of it himself either.
This book is awesome on the first read and gets even freaking better on the second time because man, it opens up little by little and by the time you're finished you just want to read it again with this new knowledge you've acquired.

Pure Dead Magic by Debi Gliori

Black comedy novel series of the fantasy genre. The main characters are the Strega Borgias family, who are kind of similar to the Addams Family but less semi-sadistic like and more "Not our fault we just happen to have a dragon, a yeti, a griffon and a bunch of other creatures as pets and our newly hired babysitter is secretly a witch, nor that we are direct descendants of a Mafioso. You just angered one of those reasons all on your own" like. Also, more modern.

I also recommend the Dragonlance series, but that's a whole bunch of books and the ones I like the most aren't the first ones of the series, so just... go to the library and check out some. Also, Forgotten Realms, particularly the books that focus on Drizzt Do'Urden. Those are some great stuff right there. Both series are of the fantasy genre.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MLP M/M Role Players :: Other :: Random Chatting-